Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Another Vanity Restoration

Here is another makeup vanity restoration I did. I forgot to take a before pic, but I still want to share it. This was my hardest restoration because this piece looked pretty rough when I purchased it. I spent a few days just filling in cracks and scratches with wood putty, and then sanding out any other damage I could. Once the hard part was done I primed, painted, and replaced the old handles with new modern ones for a beautiful finish.   



When I purchased the vanity, it did not have a bench with it. A few days later I found a small and very old bench at Goodwill. The stuffing was deteriorating and coming out of the seat every time someone sat on it, so I ripped everything off of it until I was just left with the base of the seat. I had never reupholstered anything before, but I thought “it looks so easy on when they do it on HGTV, how hard could it be?” HGTV lies. It was not easy, or cheap (FYI every week JoAnne Fabrics, Michaels, and AC Moore have discount coupons, and will match the other store’s coupons). I put the foam where I wanted it on the chair, wrapped my fabric around it and then stapled the fabric to the bottom of the chair. Finally my vanity was complete!

I have way too many shoes!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment