Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Painting Stair Risers for an Updated Look


I love the modern look of white stair risers, and I thought it would be great for my stairs. I live in a small townhouse in the city, and my stairway is a tiny closed in space.  I was hoping that by painting the risers white it would help brighten the space and make it appear a bit larger. In case you were wondering from this pic, I was also redoing the room next to my stairs, so that whole section of my house was a hot mess for a while too.

Nacho cheese walls!? What was the previous owner thinking?

 
This pic is an example of what I was looking for, plus I am crazy about the contrasting blue walls with the dark floors and white risers! I’m also obsessed with dark rich wood floors. Oh, so pretty!  *Sigh* one project at a time…


 So being the genius that I am, I stained my floors a darker color before I painted my risers. I’m not the best painter in the world, so needless to say there were many freak outs when I accidentally got white paint on my new beautiful stained floor! Ahhh! Tip, if you don’t use painters tape (which I highly recommend) keep several rags handy to quickly wipe up any paint that drips or smears.


What a huge difference! I think I accomplished my goal of making the space seem more open and not so tiny. Goodbye nacho cheese walls, you will not be missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment